As I've been somewhat active lately recording and investigating, I've almost found myself losing some focus on why I'm doing this in the first place. I like the sense of adventure going to these different places, researching them , finding out the oddities of each one, and eventually the main reason why I've gone there. It never gets old no matter how many times I've been to a location.
But two things have happened this past week to make me take even a deeper look at why I do what I do in this field. Two separate incidents but yet both having an equal impact on my thinking. On Sunday, I ventured to Linda Vista Hospital with my new group and came away with an EVP that made me think about where it came from. Actually, it wasn't even me that was doing the speaking but it was Liana, a member of the group, that had borrowed my recorder. I felt at the time she would probably do better than I would that night so I gave it to her while I snapped away some photos. She asked a series of questions but when she asked "are you here right now", there was a pause and then a reply....a very clear female voice saying "help me". On the surface, we successfully recorded a voice that could be shared for others to listen to and analyze. But to dig even deeper, that voice came from somewhere and, more importantly, from someone that has passed away. It wasn't an EVP that some might get that says a random word in passing or an unexplainable noise. It was an discernible voice of a person asking for help. This isn't the first time I've discovered a voice like that. But it's the first time I've been put into think-mode by it.
A couple days later, a scientific investigator named Andy Coppock presented evidence from an investigation in San Antonio at the Black Swan Inn. He is known for coming up with different devices created by his own desire to experiment with equipment that is rarely used. From what I gather he used a method called ITC, or Instrumental TransCommunication, to get what could be the greatest piece of scientific evidence that I know of. Using what he called a Probe, he and a few other investigators were engaged in a two-way conversation with a little girl spirit named Sophie as if on a conference call. They asked questions and she answered away while giggling every few moments. She almost sounded like a younger version of the little girl on the movie Poltergeist who spoke through the TV. This little girl, Sophie, talked about her dog Charlie and horse Whiskey. She even sang happy birthday to one of the female investigators.
From all I've read about Andy and his work, this was the real deal. And his emotional and still-stunned recanting of the event is very touching. Think about it for a second. They spoke to a little girl that physically wasn't there. She literally was there in spirit. Everyone that gets into this field looks for a moment like this but very few actually expect to get something as significant. This little girl was someone from "the other side" that was able to not only hear Andy and the other investigators on this side but was able to respond in real time. Able to speak back from somewhere we have no clue about. Some will look at that as .."cool!". I look at that as reason why I got into this field and why I've been fascinated by the paranormal since I was a kid. That is why I always ask if they can see or hear us...what do we sound like to them...what do we look like to them ...where are they at that moment...ETC. Somehow looking for a hint of their point of view or where they are or their state of mind.
Going back to the female voice that asked for help. As good and positive as it is to hear a voice in a happy tone speaking like Sophie's, it's the same feeling but in a sad way when you hear a voice trying to reach out to you and ask you for help. Both were people at one time and that fact gets lost sometimes. Both probably don't have a full realization as to where they are. The little girl seems to be in a happy place. Whether that's a version of heaven or a next level of existence I don't know. But she sounded happy. The other female voice, who seemed like an older teen or adult, didn't share the same joy where she was. Was she lost and literally in the dark? Were we just voices that she could hear but couldn't see? Having no idea where they were coming from and merely asking for help to wherever the voices were coming from? Whatever the reason, it's a sad thought. Someone had physically passed away and is now lost and in need of help. Imagine that being a relative of yours such as your mom, aunt, sister, daughter, or grandmother. Would it be a different situation when hearing one of them asking you for help? It would be more personal at that point and a far cry from hearing little Sophie giggling and singing.
So as an investigator, what do you do? You'd have to think the best thing would be to follow up. Continue reaching out to Sophie to see where she is and finding out who the woman was asking for help and try to find out why she needed it. After all, isn't "finding the truth" what we're doing? Hopefully, Andy will be able to contact Sophie again and find out more. That would be an event even bigger than the first contact. Hopefully, my team will be able to make contact again with the woman asking for help and find out where she is and possibly help. These types of investigations are more than getting a voice on a digital recorder or enticing a spirit to knock once back after you just did. It's a step towards eventually finding out what is really going on after this life.
It's why we do this, isn't it?
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
first to satisfied our curiousity of the unknown and hopefully later when you believe, it will be satisfied the need to help another.
ReplyDeletesistamoonshine